Tuesday, June 20, 2006

History of Rock'n'Roll Part 2

For anyone whose interested heres my greatest hit in musical terms.
DJs picked up on the 2nd track on the b-side 'Pricks' back in 1995 and it got heavy rotation from the likes of Carl Cox and Nick Warren, busting up the club charts and back down again...
Released on Bellboy records in the uk, Tube in Italy and Techno Tools in Belgium it was a bit of a trans-european monster (flipped so as 'Pricks' was the a-side). It even turned up on a few compilations including Cherry Moon which is kind of Germany's Ministry of Sound.
I helped set up Bellboy in the early 90s and had a few releases under various guises but this was the one that did it, in critical terms, and nearly spawned an album deal with Cox's label.
Came to nowt in the end but I was able to hike up my DJ fee on the back of it.
The track itself was based on a Felix da Housecat one note and octave thing I had been djing with and was created by me and Cowie in his garage studio in about 2-3 hours and was mixed totally live. Basically a bunch of loops running and the two of us whacking faders up and down.
Listen carefully and you can hear the mistakes but thats techno-punk for you.

Here you go

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember this tune was massive in italia...also Dark Chronicles EP.
THANKS!!!