Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the boy with the thorn in his side

One little cultural quirk (I'm reluctant to label it a phenomenon) that's dying out with the uptake of smartphones and the querty keyboard is the art of predictive text poetry.
A friend of mine used to be a practitioner, his process involved writing the original poem with pencil and paper then rewriting it using an old school mobile phone, and accepting whatever the phone decided the words were.

If you've got an old phone kicking about give it a try.
A common predictive replacement would be the one where home is interpreted as good.
'I can never go good now' etc

My equivalent now is to stick itunes on shuffle and allow serendipity to take it's course.
My fellow innovationistas, I'm convinced there's some correlation between brain activity and itunes shuffle.

Like his Mozz-ness was reading my mind...




blog comments powered by Disqus